Situated in a highly regarded rural location, this fabulous country property provides a detached farmhouse with generous accommodation and a separate one/two bedroom annexe with potential for income generation. Equestrian facilities include manege, stable block and large yard with lorry parking, stone barn (potential to convert subject to planning) and lodge house which could also be converted to holiday cottage. In total 14 acres, which could be divided up by separate negotiation, of well fenced and protected paddocks.
A303 3 miles, Gillingham 3 miles, Wincanton 6 miles, Shaftesbury 8.5 miles, Castle Cary 13 miles
Mainline Train Services: Castle Cary to London Paddington (100 mins), Gillingham to London Waterloo (118 mins)
International Airports: Bristol 38 miles & Exeter 58 miles
Coneygar Farm is situated in beautiful countryside on the edge of the village of Buckhorn Weston near the Somerset/Dorset border. The property enjoys stunning views across the Blackmore Vale with excellent communication links to the A303 approximately 3 miles away giving access to the M3 and motorway network.
Good range of local public and private schools nearby including: Gillingham, Port Regis and St Mary`s at Shaftesbury, King`s, Sunnyhill and Sexey`s at Bruton, Sherborne boys and girls, The Gryphon and St Antony`s Leweston, Bryanston and Clayesmore at Blandford, Hazelgrove Prep at Sparkford and Millfield at Street. Independent schools details www.icis.uk.net. State schools information from www.north-dorset.gov.uk
LOCAL, SPORTING & RECREATIONAL
Buckhorn Weston is a charming rural village with an excellent public house, parish church and an active Cricket Club. The nearby town of Gillingham offers a wide range of shopping and recreational facilities including a Waitrose with a further choice of retail facilities in Wincanton and Shaftesbury. Bruton offers Art Galleries, wine bars and several restaurants. Good walking & cycling routes can be found in surrounding villages. Racing is at Wincanton and Salisbury.
Situated in a stunning rural location enjoying far reaching views over the adjoining countryside, Coneygar Farm is a private residential equestrian smallholding with secondary accommodation, outbuildings, outdoor school, stabling and 15 acres of pasture.
Coneygar Farmhouse is a large country house constructed of rendered and colour washed walls under a slate roof. Extending to some 3,893ft2, the property offers spacious and versatile accommodation arranged over 2 floors, with a one/two bedroom, self contained apartment offering secondary accommodation for relatives, guests or employees.
Approached from the quiet lane a drive leads to a gravel parking area with double garage and ample parking for several cars. The property is set back from the lane surrounded by terrace and gravel with the mature garden to the rear with an office block comprising of a kitchenette and shower room.
The stable yard is conveniently close to the house and offers an L-shaped stable block fronted with a block paved yard, a stone barn and gated access to the paddocks and arena. On the edge of the yard is a stone barn which could be converted for Holiday Lets (STPP).
The accommodation comprises:
• Open plan kitchen / breakfast room with large island unit, breakfast bar and Aga
• Double aspect drawing room with wood burning stove with double doors onto terrace
• South facing sitting room
• Utility Room
• Office / second bedroom for annexe
• Large master bedroom with Juliette balcony, attractive ensuite bathroom
• Three further double bedrooms (one currently used as dressing room) with family bathroom
SELF CONTAINED APARTMENT
• Two double bedrooms and bathroom
• Kitchen / Dining area
• Sitting Room
• Separate front door and garden terrace area
• Stone barn (17.90m x 9.16m)
• Office block with kitchenette and shower room - ripe for conversion to holiday cottage (subject to approval)
• Outdoor arena with sand surface (40m x 25m)
• L-shaped stable block comprising 4 stables, tack room, feed room, hay/straw storage and 5th stable / field shelter
• Mobile field shelter
• Hard standing area for lorry parking
• Separate road access for vehicles
The private and gently undulating land is laid to permanent pasture and divided into useful sized paddocks by post and rail and stock fencing and bordered by mature hedges. The land has good access from the yard, with all paddocks benefiting from mains fed water.
In all the land amounts to some 14.7 Acres
• Gently undulating pasture
• Post & rail fencing with mature hedgerows
Fox Grant and their clients give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property.
2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Fox Grant have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Health & Safety We would ask you to be as vigilant as possible when making your inspection for your own personal safety, particularly around livestock and machinery. Children must be supervised by their parents on site.
Advert code CV,SH,EQ
PLANS, AREAS & SCHEDULES
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and calculated by the vendor`s agents, however the purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property. Any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale or entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING
The property is sold subject to any development plans, tree preservation orders, ancient monument orders, town planning schedules and resolutions, which may or may not come into force. Purchasers will be deemed to have full knowledge and have satisfied themselves as to the provisions of any such matters affecting the estate.
RIGHTS OF WAY
Footpath marked Y – X on plan
North Dorset District Council Tel: 01926 410410
Band ‘G`, £2,791 payable 2018/19
Mains electricity and water. Private drainage. Oil-fired central heating
Coneygar Farm is sold freehold with vacant possession given upon completion.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
Unless mentioned specifically all fixture, fittings, garden ornaments & machinery are excluded from the sale
Prepared by Cantie Speid Soote in May 2018
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.