A Residential Agricultural Smallholding With Tourism & Equestrian Potential, In A Desirable Location. 6.2 Acres
Shaftesbury 2 miles, Gillingham 7 miles, Tisbury 9 miles, Blandford Forum 12 miles A303 9 miles, Salisbury 20 miles
Mainline train station: Tisbury to London/Waterloo 110 mins, Gillingham to London/Waterloo 120 mins
International airports: Bournemouth International Airport 30 miles. Southampton 55 miles.
There is an excellent range of both public and private schools in the locality including Sandroyd and St Marys near
Shaftesbury, Port Regis at Motcombe, Bryanstone and Clayesmore at Blandford with very good state schools at Fontmell Magna and Gillingham. For independents see www.iscis-sw.co.uk and for state school information see www.dorsetforyou.com.
SPORTING, LOCAL &RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
The market town of Shaftesbury provides a good range of services including supermarkets, a post office, public houses, restaurants, church and a school with more comprehensive shopping, sporting, cultural and education facilities found in Salisbury. Good walking and cycling opportunities abound from the property with Win Green to the east providing excellent outriding. Sailing and water sports are available on the south coast. Horseracing is at Salisbury, Wincanton and Bath. Local hunts include The South & West Wilts, Blackmore & Sparkford Vale and The Portman. Fishing can be enjoyed on the River Nadder nearby on licence via private clubs and organisations. Golf can be enjoyed at Port Regis, Motcombe, Rushmore, Tollard Royal, Bourton and Salisbury & South Wilts.
Built in 1984 by the current owners family and then extended in 1991 to provide a four bedroom annexe, Southbank Farm is a spacious family home constructed of stone elevations under a tiled roof, and extends to some 3,172 ft2 in total providing versatile accommodation arranged over two floors. The house does need a complete renovation but has huge potential as either a family home, providing auxiliary accommodation or with relevant planning consents tourism and leisure facilities. Sat in grounds of approximately 6.2 acres, the property benefits from good flat land to the rear of the house suitable for equine, horticultural, tourism, development or agricultural use.
Approached off a village road via a large entrance the property offers ample parking for numerous vehicles on an enclosed private driveway with an integrated single garage providing secure storage.
The property is subject to an Agricultural Occupancy Condition, please refer to Agents Notes for details.
• 5 bedrooms
• Kitchen with Rayburn (back boiler)
• Utility room
• Sitting room with wood burning stove
• Family bathroom
• Kitchen (not fitted)
• Sitting room/garden room
• WC (not fitted)
• 4 bedrooms
• Family bathroom (not fitted)
GARDEN & GROUNDS
• Private driveway with ample parking
• Rear gardens
• Flat land
FACILITIES & OUTBUILDINGS
• Studio with shower room
• Garden shed
• Integral store
• Dilapidated buildings on a concrete base
Fox Grant and their clients give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property.
2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning , building regulation or other consents and Fox Grant have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale or entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
AGRICULTURAL OCCUPANCY CONDITION
The occupation of the dwelling shall be limited to a person solely or mainly employed, or (if unemployed) last employed, in the locality in agriculture, as defined in s.290(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971 or in forestry (including any
dependants of such a person residing with him), or a widow or widower of such a person.
F, Further details are available from the sole agent.
Shaftesbury Town Council Tel: 01747 852420
North Dorset County Council Tel: 01258 454111
COUNCIL TAX BAND
Band G £3,209
Mains electricity and water with private drainage to a septic tank.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
Unless mentioned specifically by separate negotiation.
by Fox Grant in February 2019
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.